It's time to reveal my plan for 2011. All in all it can be summed up in one word.
Just what does this mean you ask. Well I'm not sure I know 100% but, I have some ideas.
- PURGE- I've been reading a friends blog who got rid of a bag (walmart size) of things every day for all most 6 months. I know that seems crazy but, how much do we keep that we don't need to. My problem is I always want to find someone who will treasure my junk (yes, I've lost my mind). I have a bag of Hunter's Gymboree clothes 2T I think for someone to treasure on my door for months. If you'll treasure them they are yours! Think Hunter must have read my mind as we were cleaning his room tonight he found a nice size box and started a box to go to daycare (Sunnyside-from Toy Story 3), silly boy but, hey it helped him purge. I was surprised at what he got rid of and why. I only persuaded him to keep one thing (that's where you say good mom). He also made a pile for college (thanks Disney).
- If we don't use it purge it!- sometimes I think Mormonism leads to hordism (yes, I made up that word). We are to have a year supply or at least 3 months of food. I think most of us have a years supply of other things as well. I have the craft supplies covered. I think we may have the clothes covered too. (I tend to buy my kids clothes at the end of the season for the next year). We are purging in closets too. Bye cute dresses I loathe from my skinny days, I have to tell my self the 90's are over and so are those cute clothes. However I will keep those size 3 CK jeans FOREVER! PROOF! They once fit. I even in my craziness told Kent we needed to make a jean quilt, to inspire him to clean his closet. See a way to USE IT!
- Complete projects that have started or that are on my list.- Kizerian Kommand center is one of the first on my list.
- USE the list I make- I love list but, I think I only love to make them. So my goal for this year is to use the list! (crazy but, hey I do teach middle school, so we know I'm a little off). Included in this is to make master lists. Example Holiday meal list make the grocery list and recipe so I'm not redoing it year after year. (yes, I'm a traditionalist, we have the same meal every year, sorry guys no variety here.)
- This may go with my list making but here it is DO THINGS EARLY. For example I have the kids valentines picked out we are making cute magnetic bookmarks. My goal is that they are made by Feb. 1st! We already have the treat bags and the stuff to stuff them so they too can be ready by then. I will teach my children to be the woman I once was, not the last minute woman I have become! – (tonight I did reports due on Monday, while it's not way early, it's not the very last minute, YEAH!, I even have dinner started for tomorrow)
- PLAN- I once had everything planned especially meals, I miss that part of me, I miss those meals, I know Kent does! For the record yes, I do have Hunter's party started (Toy Story 3, I may even start the treat bags. I was thinking I could have it all done by the end of March, let's hope). Sorry Christy simplify does not mean simplify the party- parties are who I am- they will still be full of details and fun. I will admit it here and now the party and fun is for the kids but, I get my fun in planning the party and in the details. I'm still impressed with Hunter's M & M party from a few years ago. I don't think I've topped it yet, But, we'll try someday1
- SAVE- $$ that is. I try to be prepared for any thing. I have a closet full of gifts (see no.2), I buy them on sale at my favorite store. I'm going to try to be prepared by have $$ not stuff. Yeah this will be hard I love my shopping but, we'll be spending our time using or purging, or so I hope.
- My craft room- yeah the dark hole of the house- I'm going to purge in there too. Use or purge. I'm going to start Now for craft season. So I can simplify in the fall and sleep that thing- I miss Sept- Dec. All those little things I just bought WILL be ready to sell by Sept. 1st I'm going to work on something every month! If I have all the parts, which I do, why do I wait? Plus, this year I have 2 weddings to help with in September so I need to be ahead of my game and I think I'm staying home this summer L.
- Calendar- this will be the hard one. Simplifying my calendar is going to be tricky. This week I did great! Next week isn't looking so good. :? 3 busy days but, if I plan well I can have dinner ready each night. And I'll have everything done early so it shouldn't be all bad! I hope.
TO SUM IT UP BY THE TIME 2012 GETS HERE WE SHOULD ONCE AGAIN BE ORGANIZED! I'M HAVING VISIONS OF MY ONCE ALPHABITIZED CAN GOODS REAPPEARING, THE CLOSETS THAT WERE ORGANIZED WITH CUTE LITTLE LABELS COMING BACK(yes, soon after we were married, I got a dymno and Kent went hunting for the weekend, he came home to the whole house labeled, it was my dream come true, then we moved while pregnant, had a cute little girl then a handsome boy and life overtook me but I will once again rein! I have visions of labels and closets that I'm proud of. I have 51 weeks to get it started! I'm hoping to share my journey with you! Come along if you will!
So if you see something missing from my house, it may have been simplified or organized. (I think I'll keep my 2 crock pots, I use them, but, that roaster from George Foreman may have to go). Maybe Dymno will even want to sponsor my blog by the end! J