January 29, 2009

Counting my blessings

It's that time in life where you have to stop and count your blessings. I had previously been thiking of how blessed we truely were, Until Monday the economic crisis had not realy hit home. I had been trying to stick to a budget better. Knowing I needed to save. Then Monday and Tuesday came and well it came to visit our home. But, we are still very blessed while, we have lost a percentage of Ken't salery and he is not an hourly employee. We both still have jobs. I won't know til July if the govenor is going to cut my salery by 6% but, even then I will still have a job. We will still have a home to live in and food on our table. I'm so thankful that last year I listened to the urgency I had to finish my additional 32 credits above my masters degree. That we may not exactly have all the food storage we could/ should have but, we do have a clothing and fabric storage so my kids will have clothes. I was trying so hard to not hord presents after Christmas this year. For those of you who don't know me well, you may not know I have a closet and then some of presents. I use them for parties for my kids or when the need arises. I used a lot of them this Christmas season and was thinking of emptying my closet. I didn't and am happy. I did spend at my usualy Target 75% off sale but, was a little conservative for me. I have enought stashed for my kids for this year and to share. I know I should worry about food in times like this but, those of you that know me well also know I'm not a food person, not that you can tell by looking at me. I'm also so thankful for a desire for an education that may allow me to pick up extra opportunities to earn money. As much as I may hate to I can always teach summer school and adult ed at nights. I'm thankful for an unbringing that taught me how to be frugal and how to find opportinities to make money. So keep watching my etsy store as I will be adding items. All is well just tighter.

No comments: